Mispelled name on my SSC certificate!

Discuss about the CBSE Examinations Pattern and expected papers and about the upcomming CBSE Results.

Moderator: monika

Mispelled name on my SSC certificate!

Postby struck » Wed May 07, 2008 9:22 pm

I got my certificate in 2002, but until now, I didn't had a need to get the name changed and I thought it would cause no trouble.

It's my father's name that's attached to my name first and second name that has a mistake, but down there in "Father's name" field, it's spelled correctly. There's an interchange between "t" and "h" in my full name (which includes my dad's name -- and that's where the mistake is).

I don't live in India but in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates - and that's where I passed my matriculation. I tried contacting my school, but they refused to take in any application on the basis that CBSE board doesn't favor any name change requests. My argument is that it's a minor correction and not a name change!

I would get my name changed on the passport, but the court will rule out the case as my lawyer explains, "It's not an acceptable situation where you request to impose a spelling mistake, willingly, into your passport and other legal documents". Their advise is to get it corrected from the board itself.

Is there a fax number of CBSE where I can address my application at?
struck
Born
Born

Re: Mispelled name on my SSC certificate!

Postby malurpal » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:12 pm

Hey, i was wondering if u got any reply to the query u had posted some time back, because i'm now facing the same problem. My name has been misspelled in my 12th Std mark sheet, as a result of which the university where i completed my graduation is now refusing to issue my degree certificate. The biggest problem is that i completed 12th Std at a school in Al Ain in the U.A.E, whereas I'm in India, so I can't even approach my school for the same. So can anybody please tell me how i can go about correcting my name on the mark sheet?
malurpal
Born
Born

Return to CBSE Examination & Results